Happy Valentine's day

Happy Valentine's Day.

This is the day before Valentine's day. February 13th 2012
To you, this may be a crisis (what chocolate, flower, or candy to buy) or a day to question your availability/relationship(Dang it! I'm all alone again!). It may be a sad day for some, a dread of day for others.
For me this is the day before all the jokes.....

  • Happy Valentine's day Mr. Valentine
  • Do you have a Valentine , Mr Valentine?
  • This is your day Mr. Valentine!
  • Were you born of Valentine's day, Greg?
  • Were you conceive on Valentine's day?
That last question always gets me, because you see, my birthday is in October and I always suppose that 9 months from Feb 14 is Oct 19th, but i could be wrong. ( BTW,I'll never muster up the courage to ask my father about that minor detail. None of my business, so stop asking me!)

Anyway, the meat and potatoes of this blog is that I anticipate Valentine's day and take it as a challenge to do something in honor of my namesake. Every year something to do to out do the year before.

I will not bore you with details about my many Valentianian stories of hits and/or misses, but I will share with your two of my better stories. My Junior High school one and the one where i met my wife to be.

My most memorable Valentine's day was back in 8th grade. This was the time when I and two girls were invited to attend the Avery Fischer Hall at Lincoln Center with our teacher Mrs Petersen. I was about 13 years of age. It was a free event and it was so cool! The thing i enjoyed most about this play, which was Rigoletto, was that we were not allowed to eat in the wall-to-wall velvet carpeted balcony viewing room. Which was right over the orchestra pit, mind you. The ushers would constantly be surveying the rooms to see of we were eating or doing anything to disrupt the play like taking bright flash pictures. We would be of course be making all kind of noise and we totally annoyed the usher and my school teacher who thought that watching a play in Latin,would be more interesting to 3 kids trying to hide a foot long sandwich, from an usher! Mind you I found this play intriguing and cool with all the special effects, but the camera and sandwich concealment made it the memorable.

 My second experience was when i had a long talk with my sister and my brother in law about my potential wife to be. It was at an Indian cuisine restaurant called Sitar in Schenectady NY.( not sure if it still there). It was there over tandoori Chicken and Nan bread I decided that my love for Amy would be declared with milk chocolate, a card and some yummy candy. One dilemma thought, she was at the time lactose intolerant, and milk chocolate,I guess has milk in it. Yep, there ain't nothing like showing the one you love, an upset stomach on a day of cheerful love.

 In a mission impossible-type fashion(I still love that movie) quietly drove my car up to her apartment house and steatlhly crawled acrossed the surface of the ground to deliver my chocolate surprise as a mystery door hanger on the door knob.
with much success i planted the love bomb on the handle and returned to my car which of course i left running, no i didn't lock the keys in the car, and yes i shut the lights off.
Got back to my dorm room and called my sweetie. She was surprised and shocked and happy that there was a nice surprise on the door for her that she had no idea how it got there.
It was at that moment, I apologized for the milk chocolate. she said she had no problem eating them!
A little love can cure an intolerant stomach!
So those were indeed my most memorable and favorite V- days. There are many others, but those were ones that were fun.

I hope you'll have a splendid Valentine's day, Sincerely yours, from your Valentine.

Comments

Popular Posts