Why Do Men Sit? by Gregory Valentine

Why do men sit?

By Gregory Valentine

I went to an event.

I saw the ladies struggling to serve the tables,

I saw the men sitting watching television.

I saw the ladies preparing the event.

I saw the men sitting enjoying sports and drinking.

I saw the ladies correcting their children, taking the kids to the bathroom, wiping their noses, and fixing problems.

I saw the men sitting, then they got up and stood in some pictures and got another drink then sat back down.

I saw the the women frantically making meals, getting supplies, and cooking dinners.

I saw the men sitting and laughing.

I realized that there is a problem here, so I said "How can I help?"
"I don't want to be a sitting man."

So I stood with the ladies and served with the ladies.
I helped with the kids and planned with the ladies.
I guarded the cake and watched the kids.
I got plates and spoons and napkins, then took the pictures for the people, laughed with the kids and silly danced in the corner,  saw special things in the event; fun things, the little wonderful blessings that you can't see, when you enter in a room and then leave quickly. The joys of youth and life, the wisdom of the second.

Why do men sit?

Is that joke or sports game so important to miss life?
 
Is that drink so important, that you miss the excellent moments of life?

When there is such a blessing in serving others?

Why do men sit when Jesus said that He who wishes to be greatest of all will be the servant of all?

Now not all men are like that.

Jesus walked with the ladies and encouraged them,

So, I don't want to be a sitting man :)

Comments

Popular Posts