You see me in need of help yet

Yesterday I was going to the beach but some how I ended up in the city and found myself with 2 other guys trying to lift,  one at a time, 4 concrete/granite chinese decorative murals from sidewalk to my minivan. I was cautious because my car was meant to carry people not national monuments. I found this job a little over the top. Hey I did it for 100 dollars. Didn't know this was the assignment. My friend Pierre got me the gig.
So the point you ask? 
Somewhere around the 2nd and 3rd slab we asked a lady who was moving toward her. Parked car if she was moving so we would have a shorter distance to struggle. She said would be moving in about ten minutes. One hour later we pick up the last slab and walk it over to my car. As soon as we placed it into the vehicle, that very moment, the lady drives off.
Then, I thought "she", no wait let's make it ambiguous,  "that person" saw three men struggling to lift slabs of granite. Yet they did nothing to help alleviated the struggles of their fellow man. This is why poverty and a greed exists in this world because some people see struggling and say it's not my problem.
Please if you see someone on need of help and you have the ability to give them some ease, please as God instructs us as humans, help them.

Comments

amy said…
Thanks for sharing this story. I almost forgot that situation that your were in that day. love ya Greg. Love amy

Popular Posts