The bible says the world is Flat!

<p>Today, again my co-workers brought on the inquisition yet again, I enjoy these little encounters. Today's topic was whether or not I am a creationist since I'm so into dinosaurs. I am BTW A creationist. My favorite debacle. My friend/opponent on the subject is a lawyer friend and wanted more than articles. He wanted solid proofs. Lots of proofs. (Not like he has any solid proofs to declare. I mean science is rapidly changing everyday, Bible at least, stays put.)I have been down this path many times, not saying that Ive actually convinced anyone persuasively to my side, but this encounter was much different. He must have stumped me at least eight times. And he seemed really interested. The biggest hit to my system was the fossilized pollen issue which I was not prepared or trained for. It seemed that this was his major proofs in believing that creation is not real. I held firm and went looking for anything heavy to throw down the stairs, if you will. He was very respectful and yet he was relentless.    This type of reasoning is my favorite Because it has an aspect of sharpening and giving me a focus.  Both of us had no daily expertise in these arguments , not like we went to college for this. (Well, yeah I did. you know what i mean, like I'm not doing this arguing thing all week, every week.)No, no, this is the battle of world view verses world view. It opens up recesses in my brain. So here goes. I have to back up my stance. He has the luxury of firing taking the offense. I have the unfortunately reality to have to play defense. Things spoken about: carbon dating. Grand canyon the strata of the earth in relation to the animals found it.</p>
I said that the dating procedures are cyclical that you can determine the age of the fossils by the rock it's located and the age of the rock by the fossils in it. He said layer by layer it builds. For some reason my last comment melted right off and he said the same thing I just did. But it shook me forward, onto to finding more evidence to hit him with.

My weakness is self doubt. I just said something significant and I mentally side stepped like dodging a meteor.

 Dinosaur in the Bible stumped him, praise God for Job 39-41! Then I hit him with Isaiah 40:22 God sits upon the circle of the earth. That stumped him too, for a while.
Then we launched into outer space. We were talking about all manner of science stuff. Moons and ice formation on Ganymede and stuff on Europa. Super novas black holes and Then subatomic particles. 

We kinda got lost in space. Not sure where to go.


This is how we roll. Yep but as I'm writing this blog, a funny thing dawned on me. From a previous blog "do You believe today is Wednesday" the statement precludes faith and belief not fact. It either is or its not. The Bible doesn't say well if you believe me I created the world. Nope it says emphatically without human opinion in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Today is Wednesday.

So here am I again trying to prove something that doesn't need me to prove it. Either it was made by God or it wasn't. The Bible is very clear that God has set everything that is into being and he is actively involved in its daily processes. So there it is.

 We eventually just trailed away, onto other subjects and left this one open for future attacks. But still I believe that Dinosaurs and man were close enough to be seen and hunted out after the fall of man, and the flood of the earth , and history has a huge plethora of dragon sightings that make me happy on the inside. One day I hope to see one.





Comments

Popular Posts