Afterwards

I saw one of the main individuals who fired us. I think God granted Amy and I closure. We expressed our sadness and our  lostness of knowing it was our career that was cut off not because of sin or vice but to lack of raising money. I sorta wished it was sin related then our firing would've made more sense. But missionaries unable to raise funds? I could write a book. Or a blog.

As we drew our metaphorical swords to slay this person, we saw this man as a frail and bruised. A person who no longer could remember what he did to us. A person suffering a different pain a physical aliment, we saw it and all upset anger and frustration fled from my wife and I. Apparently we were not trapped in the box as he was, nor are we in anyone's control to serve God. We have so much freedom for helping friends and family through their struggles. For years we have been trying to get into the organization, while for years many within, have tried to get out. They were the ones Trapped, we are not trapped at all but free. Like in the movie Batman where Bruce goes to get the man who shot his folks only to wach him get killed first by someone else.  No I don't want this man to die. Nor do I get satisfaction that he has a debilitating disease. I personally have no fight in me left, after seeing someone who took away what I held dear at the time, my ministry career, with a push of a button and left us to figure out what how to make it and struggle  (as post career people in a career driven world,) in such a weakened state. My heart broke just looking at him. I wanted to help him drive him home, give him a cup of oolong tea and let him get a good night sleep. The poor soul.  What fight could anyone have left to fight a weakened grandfather. Life had already fought the battle. This exchange gave us closure. He can't fix what he's done so we"ve released him from it. Ideally though, an "I'm sorry"  will suffice.

Comments

Popular Posts