Occupy the orchard

I think my coworkers all suffer from some rare psychological brain thingy , I'm pretty sure they actually enjoy it. However,It's a known fact that lawyers need more hugs, I'm convinced. Today's brief episode entails apples, apple picking to be exact. The conversation took place in the kitchen.( My favorite battle ground.) The Convo entered the apple stage when I asked "so have you ever taken your kids apple picking?" I guess I'm the one to blame for what happens next. He said he and his daughter had the same exact conversation last night. I said. "Oh Really! What did she say." He said "sure. What kind of backward abusive system are we part of, that forces people to clean up your left overs and calling it fun ? -I should have ran at this point, but I'm too committed at this juncture for that! "What do you mean?" I inquired."That's using people to do your job then you pay them at the end for the apples that you picked !
Bingo! My Lights went on. The man is right! Pick the left overs and I pay the owners for them! Not sure why I played along with him. I mean that IS the point of apple picking. He brought it down to my level he continued. In my country for fun, we don't go racing the plow oxen! No, no! we stay away from work when we try to have fun." another soggy but good point. We should get freedom from the oppression. Calling work fun. Its deception, is what it is. I told him this topic for sure goes in the blog. He said occupy wall street should occupy the orchard because when you are picking their apples they are driving their Rolls Royce. " "um captain."I said....I don't know any apple farmers who drive...?.."...that's not the point!" he says interrupting the fraying process.
We need to put an end to this!

To some extent it makes sense. When a man has a point he has a point. I'm writing this out of respect for his insanity and mine. I hope you understand.

Comments

Popular Posts